Mark & Kellie Carter Scholarship Fund
The Mark and Kellie Carter Scholarship Fund is administered by Nspire – A Park Community Initiative.
The Mark and Kellie Carter Scholarship Fund was created in 2018 to inspire people who are the first in their family to obtain post-secondary education and training. Former Passport Health Plan CEO, Mark Carter, and his wife, Kellie, are honored to lend their names to the scholarship fund and have provided generous funding to establish this important education initiative aimed to address the wealth and income gap in black, brown and rural communities across Kentucky.
Park Community Credit Union and Passport Health Plan employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for this scholarship.
This is a one-year scholarship program.
The program will provide tuition assistance, books, school-related supplies and, based upon need, assistance with food and transportation access and child care up to ($1,000) for individuals pursuing training in a certified technical trade.
Also included in the scholarship package:
1. Laptop computer (if needed by your program)*
2. Stipend to cover textbook and supply expenses*
3. Additional support to cover gaps such as childcare to allow the scholarship awardee to attend classes, a healthy food delivery to ensure nutritious meals during milestone academic periods (semi-finals, finals, for example) and transportation assistance in the form of Tarc passes or other transportation support if not located in Jefferson County.*
*These award features are offered and determined upon need.
This opportunity is a need-based scholarship. The goal of this program is to help aspiring Kentuckians avoid unemployment or underemployment, escape the poverty cycle, and positively influence their families and local communities.
Students graduating from High School in Spring 2021 and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
Non-traditional students must have completed a GED at the College Ready Level or high school equivalent.
2021-2022 Academic Year
Deadline – May 31, 2021
Scholarship Application Instructions:
To complete your first-time online scholarship application for The Mark and Kellie Carter Scholarship Fund, please read the instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as FAFSA, prior to submitting this application and send your Student Air Report, or SAR, to us as soon as you receive it.
• Official high school transcript or grade report, which must include your name, school, grades through December 2019, attendance record and cumulative GPA. Note: Cumulative GPA must be 2.5 or greater on a 4-point scale.
• GED test scores if applicable, at College Ready level
• College transcripts, if applicable
• One letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you. If you are currently enrolled in high school, one must be from a faculty advisor. Note: These may be uploaded to your application.
• Student Aid Report, or SAR.
Note: Each applicant will be required to sign up, confirm their account, and complete the general application. The confirmation email will come from Park Community Credit Union firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check spam and junk mail filters for the confirmation email.
To ensure the best experience while using the online application system, students/applicants are encouraged to use a supported internet browser.
For optimal compatibility, we recommend using any newer browser such as:
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Apple Safari, or
- Microsoft Edge.
- Not Fully Compatible: Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11)
If you have any questions, please e-mail: email@example.com.