Christian Shadburne was an athlete, a leader, and a servant. A 2012 graduate of Hart County High School, Christian was an avid sports fan participating in basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, and cross-country. He earned all-district honors in basketball and soccer, and was a captain on his basketball, soccer and tennis teams. Christian was selected as a Kentucky Governor Scholar, voted Mr. Hart County High School, and maintained a 4.0 GPA. Christian played an active role in his church and had a passion for serving at nursing homes. Christian had a passion for children. He volunteered at a camp for children with disabilities every year he attended high school. Christian giving back was a part of who he was and his love was endless. After graduating from high school, Christian enrolled at Western Kentucky University majoring in biology with a minor in chemistry. His career aspiration was to be a pediatrician. While completing his junior year at Western Kentucky University he was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Despite radiation and chemotherapy treatments, Christian passed from this life on May 26, 2016 at the age of 22.
Though Christian’s life was short, he left a legacy that will be remembered. His priority in life was to be faithful to his God. He cared about his community and tried to help others whenever he could. It was Christian’s character to go out of his way to help his friends and loved ones. Even when he was fighting cancer, he continued to think of others before he thought of himself. To be a friend of Christian’s meant never having to face a challenge alone.
Supported by Park Community Credit Union & Nspire – A Park Community Initiative, Inc.
Administered by Nspire – A Park Community Initiative, Inc.
Nspire – A Park Community Initiative, Inc. will fund afterschool programs, seasonal camps and non-profit programs that support children with mental and physical disabilities (physical condition that affects a person’s mobility, physical capacity, stamina, or dexterity). Programs must focus on including but not limited to; social skills building, life-skills, ideology of inclusion, self-esteem building, financial wellness and motor skills.
Nspire would also consider direct scholarships for families in marginalized communities that receive Medicaid or SNAP benefits to attend camps or a non-profit program.
The goal is to address the needs of individuals and their families with mental and physical disabilities. Nspire, Inc. hopes that these funds can be used for building positive reinforcement and skills necessary for a child with disabilities.
Park Community Credit Union w/ Nspire – A Park Community Initiative, Inc.
- Total funding available: $ 10,000
- Award amounts may vary
- Open application starts on April 1, 2022
- Applications close on June 17, 2022 by 5:00 PM
- Award notifications issued by June 30, 2022
Nspire grants are available to:
- Organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Services as tax-exempt public charities under section 501©(3).
- Organizations located in the state of Kentucky
- Organization must be registered in good-standing with Kentucky State.
- Organizations that do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Who Cannot Apply / What we do not fund:
- Organizations without 501©3 IRS tax exemption status
- Individual primary or secondary schools; however, a school partner may be considered
- Political parties, offices or individual candidates
- Fundraising events or benefits
- Capital campaigns
- Funding for deficits or debt retirement
All questions regarding Christian’s Legacy can be directed to NspireChange@parkcommunity.com.
To ensure the best experience while using the online application system, applicants are encouraged to use a supported internet browser.
For optimal compatibility, we recommend using any newer and updated browser such as:
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Apple Safari, or
- Microsoft Edge.
- Not Compatible: Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11)